Underwriter Charterers Liability
Charterama is a dynamic international company with offices in Rotterdam, Paris, Hong Kong and representation in Dominican Republic. As one of the world market leaders in Charterers Liability Insurance we pride ourselves on our paralleled track record and solid balance sheet. Established 15 years ago, we maintain the same touch, feel, ambition, and enthusiasm as we had at the start. Our continuous growth over the years is a testament to our commitment
Are you the underwriter we are searching for? We are seeking a talented colleague to join our underwriting team in Rotterdam.
At Charterama we evaluate and manage risk like no one else in the industry. Our core values involve providing creative, flexible and innovative solutions to our clients. We are looking for an individual who thinks outside the box and possesses a client-orientated attitude.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Provide underwriting expertise and excellent service for Charterers Liability Insurance
- Work from the Rotterdam Head Office, focusing mainly on our Dutch, European and Middle East portfolio
- Prepare quotations for prospective clients, manage client files, and develop new business
- Maintain and develop relationships with (international) clients and brokers
- International travel is a requirement for this role
- Relevant knowledge of and experience in Charterers Liability and/or P&I Insurance
- University or HBO Degree in maritime law, shipping, logistics, or related field
- Completed Wft or willing to complete
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with a customer-focused and solution-driven mindset
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Proficient in English; French or Spanish proficiency is an advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Self-driven, passionate, with a positive mindset
What we offer
- A diverse job in a dynamic, challenging and flexible international organization
- Competitive salary with a profit dependent bonus scheme
- 13th-month salary plus 8% holiday allowance
- Non-contributory pension
- 27 days annual leave
- Engaging and collaborative work environment
- An exciting opportunity to work with a passionate team of professionals
Apply now to be part of Chartererama’s journey to become the world market leader in Charterers Liability Insurance.